2001 - present
My art instruction has occurred within the last 14 years and included classes and workshops with over 20 local, regional, national and internationally known watercolor painters. I continue to take workshops from award-winning watercolorists each year.
2014 - present
Uptown Artworks, 1007 Arnold Street, Greensboro, NC 27405, Studio and gallery emphasizing 2-D art.
Other Exhibiting Venue:
Frequent exhibitor at the Jacksonville Center for the Arts in Floyd, VA.
Awards and Recognitions:
2014: “Grape Holly” was juried into the Annual WSNC Juried Exhibition in Wilson, NC and Traveling Show in Mooresville, NC
2013: “Evening Jasmine” took Second Place in the watercolor category at the juried exhibition “Expressions”, Piedmont Arts Center, Martinsville, VA
2013 “Hat Tree” received Honorable Mention at the annual juried exhibition, Jacksonville Center for the Arts, Floyd, VA
2012: “Piece Making” received the Nelson Memorial Award at the Annual WSNC Juried Exhibition in Elizabeth City, NC and selection for the Traveling Show in Blowing Rock, NC
2011: “As Time Goes By” was accepted into the collection of women painters, Ashby-Hodge Museum, Central Methodist College, Fayette, MO
- BS degree in Dietetics, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- Dietetic Internship, University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, MI
- MS and PhD degrees in Nutritional Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- Dietitian in Virginia and California, 4 years
- Professor of Nutrition and Associate Dean, Research and Graduate Studies, College of Human Environmental Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, 20 years
- Professor and Chairperson, Department of Nutrition, University of North CarolinaGreensboro (UNCG), NC, 6 years. Dean, School of Human Environmental Sciences, UNCG, 6 years
Currently, I am an aspiring artist, and also Professor Emerita, Department of Nutrition, University of North Carolina Greensboro, as well as a Dietitian. I volunteer in the community, serve on a Foundation Board at UNC Greensboro, and I am active in my church.